Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sports...

I miss playing.

Triathlon felt like a sport. It thrilled me because all three aspects were new to me. And I actually wanted to improve my skills.

I am struggling to find this running mojo in me.

Today I am buying a tape measure.

NYE is tommorow. I will definitely go to the gym on NYE and on New Years's Day. I haven't been to the gym since Christmas!!! Oh dear. I think it takes a major holiday to get me to go to the gym. I get a huge thrill out of that for some reason.

Why am I buying a tape measure?
To keep track of my body measurements.
I am embarking on a 3 days a week 30 minutes a day fitness routine for 6 weeks.

This PALES in comparison to what I used to do. I remember last year I would take two or three consecutive intense classes in a row. I would take sword fighting, followed by kickboxing followed by spinning. Or I would swim, strength train, then take a spinning class. I guess I was crazy. Now my philosophy is eat well some of the time, and exercise only 30mins. Maybe the word is burn out. Maybe the word is SAD. I think the word is definitely EXCUSES!

No comments: